You can eat most foods with braces on, but you need to be mindful of what you eat to avoid damage to your braces. Here are some foods you can eat with braces on:
- Soft foods: Soft foods are the easiest to chew, and they are gentle on your braces. Examples of soft foods include mashed potatoes, cooked pasta, and soft fruits like bananas.
- Dairy products: Dairy products like yogurt, cheese, and pudding are soft and easy to eat with braces on.
- Cooked vegetables: Cooked vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and green beans are soft and easy to chew.
- Eggs: Eggs are easy to eat and are a great source of protein.
- Bread: Soft bread like white bread, rolls, and tortillas are easy to chew.
- Soft fruits: Soft fruits like berries, kiwi, and melons are easy to eat with braces.
- Soups: Soups are a great option because they are soft and easy to eat, but make sure they are not too hot to avoid burning your mouth.
Avoid hard and sticky foods like popcorn, nuts, hard candy, gum, and corn chips because they can damage your braces.